Our Friend Natasha attended the 2018 conference of QUIP (Quakers Uniting in Publications). The theme of the conference was “Writing at the Edge: A look at the edges we encounter as writers and publishers“. It was held this year in the UK from 26 to 29 April at Glenthorne, the Quaker centre in the Lake District.
QUIP (www.quakerquip.com) was begun informally in 1983 by a small group of Quaker publishers and booksellers, and is now an international network of over 50 Friends organizations and individuals concerned with the ministry of the written word. Members work together to achieve common goals:
• accessible centers for the distribution of Quaker publications
• a website listing of all Quaker publications currently available
• cooperative publishing to provide needed, good books at lower prices
• forum for the exchange of editorial concerns
• education of members in the conduct of sound and ethical business
• increased awareness of Quaker publications in the broader religious book market
• annual meetings for education, business, and encouragement of faith in worship.
Natasha brought with her examples of the seven Russian language books that FHM now has in printed paper format, in addition to our more extensive library which is available online.
< add N’s comments about the conference >