Friends House Moscow is an initiative of members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), working in Russia and its neighbouring countries.
We practise and encourage Quaker spiritual values including Equality, Integrity, Community and Peace; and we support the activity and growth of like-minded groups.
Trusting in “that of God” in everyone, we work towards building bridges of understanding between different people and nations.
Our priorities are to:
- Provide training in alternatives to violence and conflict management resolution
- Promote alternatives to military service
- Protect the rights of and provide services for underprivileged groups and individuals, including women, the elderly, disabled people, refugees, homeless children and orphans
- Promote the development of a culture of voluntary social work
- Support Friends and individual seekers interested in Quaker faith and practice
- Conduct Quaker outreach in the Russian language via websites, social media, and translating texts into Russian
We carry out our mission through two kinds of activity:
- We give grants to small NGOs for projects in peace work, conflict resolution, and community action.
- We conduct outreach work ourselves “in house”.